“I wish that life should not be cheap, but sacred…the days to be as centuries, loaded, fragrant.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Happy New Year! I hope this post finds you all still reveling in the excitement and optimism that comes with starting anew.
As I reflect on the coming year, my thoughts center not on accomplishments and achievements as in years past, rather on a quiet resolve to celebrate the sacred in every day.
My list this year may seem silly or trivial to some, but my goal is to make 2012 a year that is “loaded, fragrant,” and filled with extraordinary pleasure found in ordinary things. This year I will…..
1) Nap, unapologetically!
2) Drink my tea from a floral china cup instead of the chipped mug from the cupboard.
3) Linger over lunch with a friend instead of rushing off to the next tightly scheduled appointment.
4) Buy myself flowers and not feel guilty about their limited shelf life.
5) Read books that inspire me to think, feel, or act differently.
6) Eat slowly so I actually taste and appreciate the food I’m eating.
7). Speak less and listen more.
8). Leave no antique or book store undiscovered.
9) Snap more pictures, play my piano, have more parties.
Wishing you a new year bright with promise and filled with sacred moments!